Start a new topic
Solved

Android app crashing + additional

So initial setup worked after i hooked up a hdmi.and it seemed to be doing ok it saw teh hard drive i installed and i setup auto back up and it started going through my photos ..then at some point it just quit! i insterted a sd card it saw teh sd and i told it to use the card and i thought it was doing its thing ...nope...nothing....so i unlinked the device from the app and attemted to reconnect (had to use teh recovery code) now everytime i open the android app ot crashes...not sure whats up?

Hi Rich,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Did you try uninstalling and installing the app again?

Thank you

I have now Uninstaller and re installed..app crashed continually..but eventually was able to move forward with the recovery code...I set it to auto backup and it goes through my phone and pics up 3000+ photos but never pulls them in

Rich,

Were you able to see the progress indicator at the top? Did it make some progress and then stopped or it never started?

Thank you

Yes it would show an indicator at the top v that it was "importing " and then stop with In the first 1000 photos

how did u get a recovery code?

It should not stop after 1000 pictures, can you give us more specifics, as in iOS or Android, or with SD card import. Thanks.

I a on android...it stops either on SD or phone..last I looked it showedoesn't 3000+ photos analyzing but only one photo in the photos page..(that I can't delete) I even pulled hard drive removed all the monument files and tried again ...can't see any photos but the one I can't delet

We have a new release gearing up for Android that addresses some of these issues, and also BT connectivity issues. It is in its final internal testing, and we are targeting to get it out tomorrow if it all lines up.

@Khrk2012 It was sent to me in initial email after registering!

Monument Labs Support
said a day ago

We have a new release gearing up for Android that addresses some of these issues, and also BT connectivity issues. It is in its final internal testing, and we are targeting to get it out tomorrow if it all lines up.

Is this update now available?  

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and App crashes every time after username and password is entered.

We delayed the Android client release for one day because we see some issues in there that need to be cleaned up. Presently targeting tomorrow. The good news is the Play store approves new releases fairly quickly, unlike the Apple store. So should be out fairly quickly tomorrow.

after new release i cannot connect to unit at all "monument not found"

have monitor connected ..it does nothing screen turns white then blanks out...monument comes on red then blinks white a few times then goes out then red again and then repeats the cycle ...boot loop?

so to do the reset process you have to be able to connect to the unit latest firmware update mine is now in a boot loop! is there a  physical way to reset it?

There should not a be a boot loop, but we have had this issue reported previously. We are converting this to a ticket, and escalating to engineering. Thanks for your patience.