Start a new topic
Solved

Hard drive recognition

I did the recovery/update with the SD card, and all went well. Got the solid white light. But on the iOS app the main photos tab says "Please insert a hard drive to Monument to start uploading your photos " and the settings tab under attached USB Drives shows 1TB/ Deactive. The drive is formatted as NTSF. Also, when opening the iOS app I get an Error message that says "Operation could not be completed. I have to click the "done" button a few times to clear this error.
image.jpg
(784 KB)
image.jpg
(1.09 MB)

4 people have this problem

Jeff, it appears from the screenshots that your 1TB drive is currently not connected. If it is, could try unplugging and plugging again?

It should show up as Active with the capacity and available space information.

I had the same problem last night with a 500GB HDD (NTFS)

My fix is format the HDD to HFS+ in my MacBook Air
Plug it again and monument can recognition it

We are not aware of any issues with NTFS as we have tested extensively, but we will look into this particular solution. Thanks.

I've having the exact same problem. 

IMG4416.PNG
(97.7 KB)
IMG4417.PNG
(105 KB)

1 person likes this

and don't tell me it's because it's not plugged in. It is. Also I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times. i have also tried several ways of formatting it. None work.

1 person likes this
i'm encountering this issue as well. My pc is able to read the external hdd but monument cannot.

Just to confirm, everybody is on NTFS?

1 person likes this
yes NTFS , my desktop is able to detect the hdd
IMG6407.JPG
(1.25 MB)
IMG6406.PNG
(135 KB)
yes ntfs . desktop pc able to detect hdd . disappointing
IMG6407.JPG
(1.25 MB)
IMG6406.PNG
(135 KB)
yes ntfs
IMG6406.PNG
(135 KB)
yes ntfs
yes ntfs. tried plugging out and in several times but to no avail. formatted several times also to no avail. that's disappointing , to put matters worst , i have not even upload any photo yet.
IMG6407.JPG
(1.25 MB)
IMG6406.PNG
(135 KB)
yes
yes ntfs. tried plugging out and in several times but to no avail. formatted several times also to no avail. that's disappointing , to put matters worst , i have not even upload any photo yet.