Start a new topic
Answered

Initial photo load?

My Monument just arrived, so I'm going through the initial setup, so far so good.

If I have a USB HDD which already has lots of photos on it, what's the easiest way to get these photos onto the Monument? I attached the HDD, said that it should use it as storage, but it doesn't see any of the photos on it.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Cheers

Steve

Best Answer

The easiest way is to import everything on the hard drive. But we have not yet turned this feature on yet. Currently, SD import and mobile device import works. Hard drive import is coming soon. Thanks for your patience.

1 person has this question

Answer

The easiest way is to import everything on the hard drive. But we have not yet turned this feature on yet. Currently, SD import and mobile device import works. Hard drive import is coming soon. Thanks for your patience.

When will the hard drive upload feature be available - i'm guessing that most people will have 1000's of photos that need uploading (I know I do) 

need to upload my entire iPhoto library 

Thanks. Guess I'll wait then!

Steve

Understood, and this is frequently requested, may be most frequently. We will do it as soon as we can. Considering reprioritizing.  

2 people like this
Please do reprioritize. This is basically useless without being able to upload from a hard drive.

2 people like this

Yep - this is highly needed!

This a joke right? I can't access any of my photos because they are all on my external hard drive. What good is a system that organizes my photos that can't find the photos that are on the hard drive that is plugged in to the device? How do I return this and get back my money?

Also why am I not seeing my posts?

+1 for reprioritising :)

2 people like this
I have to say I am really surprised that this hasn't been implemented as a very first step. Surely the whole point of this device is to be able to access stored photos remotely? Anyway, another vote here for prioritising access to photos stored on a drive attached to the Monument device. I doubt many serious photographers will be using Monument as their primary storage solution, I for one plan to mirror my archive on the drives attached to the Monument, which means I will not be uploading to it directly via phone or SD card.

1 person likes this

I found that if you connect the Monument USB drive to your computer you can copy photos into the /Unknown Camera/Unknown Date folder. Once you are done and reconnect it to your Monument it sorts them all out. I am unsure however if this will create problems further down the track

1 person likes this

That is interesting. We are looking into this.

3 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment