Start a new topic
Answered

Wifi Vs. Ethernet, and IOS App question

My Monument showed up yesterday and I set it up today and all seems to be working as expected for now (I've read the roadmap and feature requests), but I have a couple of questions... 1. I connected to my switch via ethernet, but the setup still asked for wifi information. Which is it using? 2. Once I set Monument up the app began uploading my pictures from my phone (around 4400) it took a couple of hours (I tried to keep the app open 90% of the time), and I never received any indication that it had completed, but the nag notification to keep the app open stopped popping up, so I assume that it finished. How can I tell? 3. After the nag message stopped I opened the app and now it is "Analyzing content" and has been doing that for at least 30 minutes. What is it doing, and will it do this every time I use the app? 4. Finally, I understand that multi user support is coming, but that is one of the reasons I decided to back Monument. The packaging even references multi user. This is an essential feature for me. Thanks!

Best Answer

My Monument showed up yesterday and I set it up today and all seems to be working as expected for now (I've read the roadmap and feature requests), but I have a couple of questions... 1. I connected to my switch via ethernet, but the setup still asked for wifi information. Known bug, that is solved now. The new App is in Apple's approval queue.

2. Once I set Monument up the app began uploading my pictures from my phone (around 4400) it took a couple of hours (I tried to keep the app open 90% of the time), and I never received any indication that it had completed, but the nag notification to keep the app open stopped popping up, so I assume that it finished. How can I tell? Normal behavior. We will consider this as a possible feature improvement.

3. After the nag message stopped I opened the app and now it is "Analyzing content" and has been doing that for at least 30 minutes. What is it doing, and will it do this every time I use the app? Normal behavior. Will do this once for every picture. However, we currently have a bug that it sometimes get stuck analyzing. Will be addressed on Monday's firmware release.

4. Finally, I understand that multi user support is coming, but that is one of the reasons I decided to back Monument. The packaging even references multi user. This is an essential feature for me. Thanks! Understood. Will be there as soon as we can.

Answer

My Monument showed up yesterday and I set it up today and all seems to be working as expected for now (I've read the roadmap and feature requests), but I have a couple of questions... 1. I connected to my switch via ethernet, but the setup still asked for wifi information. Known bug, that is solved now. The new App is in Apple's approval queue.

2. Once I set Monument up the app began uploading my pictures from my phone (around 4400) it took a couple of hours (I tried to keep the app open 90% of the time), and I never received any indication that it had completed, but the nag notification to keep the app open stopped popping up, so I assume that it finished. How can I tell? Normal behavior. We will consider this as a possible feature improvement.

3. After the nag message stopped I opened the app and now it is "Analyzing content" and has been doing that for at least 30 minutes. What is it doing, and will it do this every time I use the app? Normal behavior. Will do this once for every picture. However, we currently have a bug that it sometimes get stuck analyzing. Will be addressed on Monday's firmware release.

4. Finally, I understand that multi user support is coming, but that is one of the reasons I decided to back Monument. The packaging even references multi user. This is an essential feature for me. Thanks! Understood. Will be there as soon as we can.

Thanks for the quick response. Just to be clear, the lengthy "Analyzing Content" will happen regularly? That's annoying if true. Why not set a variable that reflects the last picture uploaded and only look at and upload pictures newer that that?

As you upload a bulk of pictures initially, it will show up, but differential amounts of new pictures coming should not cause it.

Stuck analyzing -> will be resolved with firmware release this week

1 person likes this

Photos uploaded on unit, connected to tv via hdmi cord, How can I see on tv screen

That feature you are asking about (viewing pictures on TV) is not currently turned on yet, but will be available soon. You can follow our most up to date feature roadmap here.