Updates (12/13/2016)

Hi All,

After a busy week we have the following updates on all fronts. 

iOS (1.2)

--------------

* Added device reset functionality

* Suggested faces can be deleted

* App now shows a connectivity information bar at the top

* Improved connectivity to Monument

* Fixed USB drive management (now you can remove unplugged drives)

* Fixed a bug that caused initial setup to freeze with a continuous animation

Android (1.0.586)

--------------

* Added device reset functionality

* Added an option to send diagnostic information

* Improved setup and Bluetooth connectivity

Device Firmware (1.1.17)

--------------

* Added factory reset functionality.

* Better SD card handling. Fixes issues with some cards not being detected.

* Better USB drive handling. Fixes issues with some drives not being recognized. 

* Fixed 'Stuck on Analyzing' issue.

* Fixed a bug that caused some units not recognizing serial code.

We have been struggling to address a variety issues originating from Android hardware and software fragmentation. As a result, we have been releasing more frequent Android updates. Look for a few more updates later this week.

Thank you for your support.

1 person likes this

This update hasn't fixed the "stuck on analysing" issue for me. Opened a ticket with you. Iain.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the constant updates.  Looking forward to all the new features to roll out.  When I feel that it is completely functional I am sure to recommend this to a bunch of people I know.

1 person likes this

Todd;

if the iPhone hadn't previously picked up the Monument, we'd be suspicious of whether the Monument was working. If the light in the front is not changing with an occasional red thrown in there, the device is not in a boot loop. (If it were, SD firmware update procedure must be followed.) So, for some very odd reason, Samsung does not see the device. We have had nearly zero BT related issues with iPhones, but generally in Android devices, and more specifically on Samsung devices, there has been significantly more issues. Android hardware and software fragmentation is clearly the cause, and we are trying to improve our software every day to deal with this. While we know this is not any relief to you, is there another device you could possibly use, at least to test further.

I have gone as far as I can in the process of updating the firmware.  I was one of the people instructed to update the firmware via SD card - I did that, and then it went to go update to the latest, leaving "Update Available (app_1.1.17)" on the screen, with a blue blinking light.  With the iOS app in the spinning animation state, I can't interact with it to do whatever the device needs me to do (signified by the blue blinking light).  Any advice would be appreciated.  

Josh;

We had escalated this to Engineering, and I will follow up with them once again to see where we can go with that. You are positive that the SD card update proceeded as shown in the video, right?

@Monument Labs Support

Unfortunately i have no other devices i can use. I got this specifically for my phone and digital camera. So at the moment I'm stuck with a monument i can't even use....

Kinda disappointed at the moment. Appreciate it's not your fault directly but it is rather frustrating.

Yep.  It got to the green light after the SD card firmware update, took out the card, and then it restarted, and went though another round of firmware update, leaving the app_1.1.17

Josh, you are still stuck at the spinning animation, right?

How can you check what version of firmware the Monument has? I can see my App Version in the settings but don't know where to find it for the actual device.

Correct.  Here is my current status:

Monument: Post-firmware download screen showing "Update available (app_1.1.17)" (I think that is the number, I am at work so can't check)

iOS App:  Version 1.2.0.  Spinning "waiting" animation on launch.  There is no active interaction with the app.  Restart (swipe up and start) of app does not change anything.  Reboot of the phone doesn't change anything.  

The only other remaining problem we can think of your is router, and more specifically, its support for Bonjour. This will not be a probelem if you have Apple routers.

1.1.17 is the latest version and 'should' address this issue if you could update to it, which clearly you cannot. We will try to put the 1.1.17 on a SD card image, and update the instructions.

I can't see how the router is the problem - I have at least 4 macs in the house at any time, and I can see things over bonjour just fine as long as I know.  

The question is ---- if the 1.1.17 version does get properly applied to the Monument, will the iOS just start working again?  Will that fix it from the Spinning Animation of Death?  

Looking forward to seeing if you can get the latest firmware on the SD card image - I can try that this afternoon if you get it online.

I can't see how the router is the problem - I have at least 4 macs in the house at any time, and I can see things over bonjour just fine as long as I know.  

These would appear to be redundant questions, but what brand routers are those? If there is more than one, are you connected to the one that the phone is connected. Just to make it doubly sure, would you install for us Bonjour Browser, and check to see if it is seeing the Monument.

The question is ---- if the 1.1.17 version does get properly applied to the Monument, will the iOS just start working again?  Will that fix it from the Spinning Animation of Death?  

'Should be'

Looking forward to seeing if you can get the latest firmware on the SD card image - I can try that this afternoon if you get it online.

We have not updated yet. We'll do as soon as we get a chance...

Is there a particular group in that app that the Monument should be listed under?

Please refer to these instructions to troubleshoot.

Login or Signup to post a comment