Start a new topic
Answered

copying photos off of macbook

Since you're still working out the kinds for getting all the photos onto the machine, how do you suggest that I copy all of my jpg photos off of my laptop onto the monument device.  I bought an SD card to deal with the initial OS issue, so I can use it to copy them slowly, but I'm hoping that you have a recommended technique, specifically regarding:

1. I've created a "smart folder" which shows all jpgs on my computer (I believe).  Unfortunately, this is MUCH more space than my 16gb sd card.  

2. I tried dragging all of the jpgs onto the card in finder, hoping that it will allow me to do it in "segments" (i.e. only files 1-500 fit, please eject card and insert another).  I was hoping that I could then move 1-500 to monument, and then come back to my macbook and get 501-1000.  Unfortunately, finder just cranked for awhile, and then said that file xxx doesn't fit, and stopped (leaving the SD card empty).  I have no idea how many files in my "smart folder" will fit.

Given this is a limitation of your software, I'm hoping that you have a workaround to make this doable.

Thanks.

Tom

Best Answer

Tom;

We understand and agree. We are looking into making this better in multiple ways, including Mac and PC clients, and direct from hard disk imports. They are on our roadmap here, but we are also looking at other possibilities as well that are not on the roadmap. 

Answer

Tom;

We understand and agree. We are looking into making this better in multiple ways, including Mac and PC clients, and direct from hard disk imports. They are on our roadmap here, but we are also looking at other possibilities as well that are not on the roadmap. 

Hi, currently I stored all my photos and videos in an external hard drive and connect to my iMac via USB cable. I hope all my photos and videos in the external hard drive can be backed-up into the monument USB drive automatically, even when I change the content of the folders in my external hard drive.

They will be once we turn that feature on.

Login or Signup to post a comment