Updates (12/22/2016)

Hi Everyone,

We have released updates on all platforms. 

iOS (1.3.1)

--------------

• Auto-upload related issues are fixed

• Fix a bug causing excessive storage usage

• Other minor improvements

Android (1.0.686)

--------------

• Face tagging support

• Photo sharing

• USB drive management

• BT Setup improvements

• Various bugfixes

Device Firmware (1.1.18)

--------------

• Handles MSR partitions and resolves USB drive not recognized issue

• Fixes LED indicator showing erroneous colors

• Fixes a bug that causes content analyzing to halt

• Fixes a bug where an odd WEP configuration causes Wi-Fi setup problems

• Version information is now displayed on TV screen at all times

Happy holidays everyone.

Thank you for your support.

The Monument Team

@Peter: When a face is identified in multiple places as different persons, you name them the same, being careful not to make spelling errors, and then the faces are merged, and the recognition accuracy increases.

I added 2 names to faces within the Android app, and now each name is associated with 1 picture, but it is not able to identify the face in other pictures and there is no way I see to tell the app that another face it found is the same person... Am I doing something wrong or does "facial recognition" in this case just mean that it can identify that a face exists?

Rakeshchandra, the app probably cannot connect to Monument after your setup. You can see possible problems outlined in this article:

http://support.getmonument.com/solution/articles/19000038064-setting-up-the-monument-concluded-successfully-but-now-cannot-connect

If you still experience the same problem, please create a ticket.

Thank you.

We'll inform Engineering, and they will respond to you.

I tried to quit the App (double clicking home button and swiping the application up), even tried to power off and on the phone. The application continue to show the same message. I am not uninstalling the App

@Rakeshchandra: please quit and relaunch the App. Do NOT uninstall the App.

My App on iphone 6s is showing "Monument Device software needs to be updated......"

I even did a firmware update in first place using a SD card & after a solid Green light, I ejected the SD card and tried to connect, however nothing happens, the App just keep on showing "Monument Device software needs to be updated ...."

> That's for provide something useful on the HDMI screen - a simple dashboard would be great - how many photos are on the system, how much disk space used and remaining, replication/backup update, update on other background tasks, networking information on how to access the device.

We have informed engineering for this idea. You can also add it to feature requests.

I plugged in the drive and now the LED is flashing blue, but the dialog box is still on the phone.  

If the disk was not cleanly eject it may take a long time to inspect the disk and eventually ask to mount it. With SSD here, we have had to wait 7-8 minutes, so, can be far longer.

I cannot send diagnostic info now (Failure warning, please try again). 

Reported to engineering.

HDMI display is not displaying anything bug the random photo icons.

normal behavior for now until we turn on photo view feature as shown on the feature roadmap.

In an effort to simplify this, I will remove Monument App from the Dell Venue Pro and primarily use the Samsung app going forward.  

Second, I used the 2016_1222_60 SD card firmware to update the unit and the HDMI screen does say 1.1.18 in the lower left corner.   That's for provide something useful on the HDMI screen - a simple dashboard would be great - how many photos are on the system, how much disk space used and remaining, replication/backup update, update on other background tasks, networking information on how to access the device.

I see that there is a new android release on 12/23, so I have just updated to this on the Samsung.  It can find the Monument and the phone displayed the request to plug in the USB to get started.  I plugged in the drive and now the LED is flashing blue, but the dialog box is still on the phone.   I will let it flash for a while.  The HDD is a 1TB SATA HDD that is wiped clean and formatted with NTFS.

I cannot send diagnostic info now (Failure warning, please try again).  and the HDMI display is not displaying anything bug the random photo icons.

Thanks.

@David:

This is after I did the SD Card update.

We are changing the image fairly frequently. 1-2 time a week. So, an older SD Card image will require an update rather quickly. We have the most current image on our site now.

"Plug in a USB drive to get started".

If the drive was previously not cleanly unmounted, at bootup, the Monument will check its integrity. This can take a long time. For example, a 75% full 250 Gb SSD sitting in a USB housing takes about 7-8 minutes. During that time, the drive is not available. We will put up a message indicating that that is what's going on.

I then installed the App on an iPad Mini and after connecting (prompted for Access code, but couldn't find one and finally got to recovery code and entered that), the iPad is saying "Monument Device software needs to be updated......"

Multiple device connection is not currently supported, but will be soon. (See here.) We have had reports of people entering the recovery code for this purpose successfully, but we have not tested the scenario that you are running. You can do an SD card update most recent image, and that firmware message should go away.

Agree with Dave. I had to connect the device with hdmi to my tv in order to update the firmware. This should not be the case. I was expecting a stand alone device. The iOS app is not indicating update is expecting an tv to be connected. Send diagnostics to you guys is great, but as a user you would like to have insight to the diagnostics to analyse the issue yourself too.

I have sent off a diagnostic data about an hour ago.   

My first two clients were a Samsung S5 and a Dell Venue 8 7840 tablet running Android 5.1.  The S5 is running Android 6.0.1.     When I try to connect with the Venue 8, I get a message "Monument device software needs to be updated. please wait"     This is after I did the SD Card update.   The HDMI output shows the Monument screen with fake pictures changing.

The Samsung App, opens with a "Plug in a USB drive to get started".    This happens with or without a USB drive plugged in.

I then installed the App on an iPad Mini and after connecting (prompted for Access code, but couldn't find one and finally got to recovery code and entered that), the iPad is saying "Monument Device software needs to be updated......"

I am pretty well stuck here.   Need advice on how to recover to get something working.   I am OK with a full clean start process, but don't seem to be making much progress here.

This issue was not fixed with this update for me: • Fixes a bug that causes content analyzing to halt

I have been trying to update your product and have had no luck. I am having the same trouble as Dave  "Update Available (kernel_1.1.1,app_1.1.18)" on the screen.   

Now that I have found this forum your site says to use an SD card to download an image to manually install on your device.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Now I have to buy an SD card to try to make this thing usable?  Unacceptable.

Do you have a way to monitor what the device is doing that could be shared with the more advanced beta test subjects?

You can send us diagnostic data under settings.

Login or Signup to post a comment