Start a new topic

Import folders to Albums

I have lots of pictures to import from digital cameras and are now stored by topic/album on the PC (ie. Trip to Yellowstone, 2014 Xmas, etc.).

I would like the option when importing these (via SD card now and hopefully from PC directly soon!) to have the option to create albums for photos in folders.   I would not need these always on, but would like it for each import session.

14 people like this idea

I need it too. We all have a lot of photos and 95% have in backup hard drives sorted by folders. it will be nice if monument are creating  automatic albums by importing photos if there is more folders by name from sd cards or by network of from pc/mac

1 person likes this

it will be nice if monument are creating  automatic albums by importing photos if there is more folders by name from sd cards or by network of from pc/mac

I agree. I have all my old analog photos scanned in on my desktop computer. I would be great to have a desktop (PC/MAC) program that would lel you drag & Drop entire folders onto the Monument drives and maintain the directory structure.

also with this, creating albums within albums (nesting) would be great.for example; A root album called Cats with sub albums for Fluffy, Pussy Paws, Smokey, and Internet Cats with sub-albums for Grumpy Cat, Bub, Col Meow, and Simon's Cat.

1 person likes this

Related to that, I have hierarchical albums. For example; Concerts and under concerts I have folders named using the artist and date. I would want to be able to designate these layers on import and also after the fact. 

1 person likes this

VERY IMPORTANT:  There needs to be some way to ensure continuity over years of photo accumulation.  User control of albums in folders is almost necessary for this, I have had to reclassify all my photos every time I change tools, All Photos should be in Physical Folders aligned with manual Albums is most natural, the default if this is not done should probably be my time.   Putting in a USB drive server SW module so that the MONUMENT DRIVES can be accessed--for backup is essential but to manually add photos to the monument index & database to end up in a particular physical folder is very very helpful for lifetime photo management.  The other views are for browsing and presentation, but the storage organizing principle needs to be intelligible and controllable also. 

Just do it!
Login or Signup to post a comment