Start a new topic

Use Apple time capsule as the external harddrive?

Can i Use my Apple time capsule as the external harddrive?

1 person likes this idea

You can if it has USB access to the drive.

I hooked my monument up to my Apple Time Capsule, via USB-USB connection but my monument can't find the drive. "No USB drives plugged in" I've switched input locations and even cords to no avail. I have the most current app and software, I believe. Help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG1509.PNG
(68.6 KB)
IMG1510.PNG
(81.9 KB)

@Helen: We had stated previously that for Apple time capsule, "You can if it has USB access to the drive," but we believe that the time capsule USB port in the back is only for connecting printers and possibly additional drives to the time capsule. We don't believe it is for using the time capsule drive over USB.

@monument that is correct, the USB port is not for direct access to the drive, so it cannot be used as monument's storage. The Apple time capsule's drive can be mapped and is accessible over wifi and ethernet. You are working on a function to have Monument import photos from Apple's time capsule (or any other network drive for that matter) right?

@E. Siemens: Thanks for clarifying it also for us. Yes, we do intend to have NAS support. Specifically for Apple time capsule, we have not looked into it, and it would depend on what network protocols we can utilize to reach it. 

Okay, can I hook it up directly to my Airport Extreme and have it act as the conduit to funnel the pics to my Time Capsule?

@Helen: 

can I hook it up directly to my Airport Extreme

Yes

have it act as the conduit to funnel the pics to my Time Capsule?

We assume you want to back up to Time Capsule over NAS. We are not users of Time Capsule, and we have performed no test at all, but if your Time Capsule drive is accessible as a network mountable drive, the short answer is yes when we implement NAS support. 

Login or Signup to post a comment