Start a new topic

device version info, timetable dates, simple editing, content statistics,

Hi Monument team,

I just fetched my device from customs office yesterday and started looking at the forums while I gained some first experience with the little box. 

Seems like I was lucky by getting it with quite some delay, so I didn't suffer any real showstopper issues in the first hours. Besides from the fact, that my connected HDMI monitor didn't show anything so far, the initial update and setup went smoothly. I figured the HDMI was simply not done yet when looking at the timetable ...

The hickups I ran into are already layed out here in the forums in multiple posts/places (e.g. annoyingly inacurate face-recognition, iOS-auto-import stopped multiple times with an "unknown Error" or some other "asset" error but it seemed to pick the import up again after switching off/on the auto import in settings).

But now to the actual things mentioned in the subject:

• where can i see the version number of the device? would be nice to have some device infos in the app for reference
  • i know, dates in timetables are always subject to change, but I'm not sure how to interpret. E.g. some of the features there are timed at "1/9/2017" ... now is that update already out (there was an update on jan 3rd iirc) or is that just slipping a bit?
  • is there something planned about simple editing of photos? (e.g. rotate, crop). I have quite an old DSLR (Pentax K100D) which doesn't automatically correct orientation, so i have lots of photos in the system now that would need to be put upright ...
  • bonus question ... is there any way to see how many fotos have made it onto my monument device so far? iOS photo app gives me a nice short summary like "4096 photos, 406 videos". something like that would be really nice. I'd also like to see some import-summary when an import process has finished

sorry if i crammed/mixed a few things into that post, but I didnt want to scatter it over multiple places. If you want me to post separate feature requests for the things mentioned I can do that ... if these things are already on your agenda for a future update - thanks, looking forward to it. If i overlooked that requested features are already there somewhere - my apologies.

I admit, I expected a product a bit fitter that what I received (and i agree to the voices about selling it as a ready product on the webpage is a bit bold at this point), but as a kickstarter veteran I'm happy that i have actually received a device that works enough to keep faith in it so far.

keep up the good work.

Johannes

1 Comment

@Johannes: First and foremost, thanks for the kind words. 

where can i see the version number of the device? would be nice to have some device infos in the app for reference

Monday, there will be a new release. And all that information will be in the settings, including the firmware version.

i know, dates in timetables are always subject to change, but I'm not sure how to interpret. E.g. some of the features there are timed at "1/9/2017" ... now is that update already out (there was an update on jan 3rd iirc) or is that just slipping a bit?

we are catching up on Monday

is there something planned about simple editing of photos? (e.g. rotate, crop). I have quite an old DSLR (Pentax K100D) which doesn't automatically correct orientation, so i have lots of photos in the system now that would need to be put upright ...

We will have manual rotation.

bonus question ... is there any way to see how many fotos have made it onto my monument device so far? iOS photo app gives me a nice short summary like "4096 photos, 406 videos". something like that would be really nice. I'd also like to see some import-summary when an import process has finished

Good suggestion to keep that information visible after import is complete.

Login or Signup to post a comment