Start a new topic

Photos on PC

About 95% of my photos are on my PC, not my phone or iPad. How do I save and sort these on Monument?

15 people like this idea

Yes, there needs to be a way to import photos from a hard drive or PC.

1 person likes this
I to have a ton of photos on my PC, other external HD's, CD's, etc.  Can we hook this up to a PC?

Folder import will become available TODAY. In the next few hours.

So how do we do this?  Hook an Ethernet cable up to our router or computer or hook the HD up to the computer and drag them onto it?  Is there an "app" that we put on our computer?  Please let me know, I  know your other work with the face recognition was awesome! :-)

Eject your drive from the App, using Settings/USB drives and selecting drive. Connect drive to your Mac / PC. Copy a folder of photos. Reconnect drive back to Monument. Select drive under Settings/USB drives, touch drive, select "Add existing folder". Cheers.

I know I am a Luddite.  I copied like 20 folders with about 65,000 photos (or some insane number).   When I got to the settings where I add an existing folder I could only select 1.  After it "loaded" I wanted to select another but the message said "Forget" or "Rescan"???  If I say "Forget" do I loose all the pictures I just loaded  from that folder?  I don't want to rescan it as I just got finished.  Help!  How do I load the other folders and their pictures.  

Thanks for all your help.

- Brian  

@Brian; Put all of the 20 folders into a single folder. Import that folder. You may want to 'forget' the already imported folder, since folder hierarchy will change.

Under settings, I don't have the option to eject the drive. I copied the files of photos, replaced the drive, but when I touch the drive icon nothing happens. I don't get the option to import. What am I doing wrong?

@John: Please see here.

Ok I hope this is about it for my questions.  I put all my folders into 1 folder then I could find the top when importing.  Like I mentioned earlier I have about 65K files.  Now that I have everything in one folder (with multiple nested folders for different years, etc.)  the app on my phone says that it finally got to the point where it is "Adding Contents...(0 files)".  It has been at "0 files" for 2 days now.  Is it hung up on the folders or do you know what is going on? 

Do I need to "Un-Nest" all those folders and just have one massive folder with all the photos?  If so that will be a PITA but doable. 

Does the software detect like "Snow", "Beach", "Mountains", etc or do I need to make new Albums and place the photos in there myself? 

Thanks again for all your hard work, we're getting there.  :-) 

Do I need to "Un-Nest" all those folders and just have one massive folder with all the photos?  If so that will be a PITA but doable. 

No need to un-nest. Should be fine as is.

Does the software detect like "Snow", "Beach", "Mountains", etc or do I need to make new Albums and place the photos in there myself? 

We have some limited tags. More coming.

"Adding Contents...(0 files)".  It has been at "0 files" for 2 days now. 

This is odd. We need diagnostic data submission. Converting this into a ticket. Please submit diagnostic data to us. Thanks.

Brian, at least on my Monument, where I also uploaded a bunch of files, the AP quit working while it was analyzing the new pictures - the light blinked on the Monument UNTIL it finished. Unfortunately, after it finished, the app still doesn't work correctly, but, it seems that the Monument did find all the files.

I added 45,000 photos when the new app was released a week ago. It has 7,000 left to analyse. Patience is the key :)

One feature I would like to see added in future would be for Monument to retain the folder structure of the imported photos. My 45k photos are (like most people) separated into about 250 individual folders named "San Francisco", "My 30th Birthday" etc. It would be great if in the albums tab of the app, these folders were still there. I'm never going to go through 45k photos and make new albums for Monument in the app...

5 people like this

One feature I would like to see added in future would be for Monument to retain the folder structure of the imported photos. 

This has been an internal debate here as well. At the present time, we are retaining the folder structure imported from the USD drive. Your suggestion of using the folder names as albums, for example, is intriguing. We will run that by the engineering.

4 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment