Start a new topic
Answered

Backup to another Harddisk (not inside M device)

With todays update my M device does import pics - well then. 

I would like to backup the drive to another USB disk - is it possible to copy all the files on the M disk to the backup disk? And to insert this disk (after a crash for example) and use that with M? Or are any issues with the system preventing this? 

There is a reason why I won't use the RAID 1 - I like to have Backups outside my home (in the office) ;) 

Thanks... 

Best Answer

@Jonas: That is on our roadmap. You can follow our most up to date feature roadmap here.

Backup is turned on last night and available as an option. It is now possible. External site backup will come in the form of monument to monument. Manual backups are equally a good strategy as well, as you can import that folder with yesterday's update as well, following a crash.

1 person likes this

Where do I locate the 'backup' function you are referring to?  I see to be unable to locate it while going through the menus??

@B Mann: When you add a second drive, your App will ask you if you want to use that drive as a backup.

I'm personally looking forward to the capability of scheduled backups to any NAS. I do hope to see that implemented eventually.

1 person likes this
Answer

@Jonas: That is on our roadmap. You can follow our most up to date feature roadmap here.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment