Updates (2/1/2017)

Hi Everyone,

We are releasing updates on all platforms, and you will need to update both your Monument firmware and the app to use the new features. You can find the additions and improvements below:

iOS (1.5.0)

--------------

• Added support for viewing content on TV (via HDMI)

• Added Remote Access capability.

• Added landscape support in fullscreen photo viewer.

• Fixed bugs in faces list and face identification.

• Fixed a bug causing very annoying crashes.

• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.

Android (1.0.870)

--------------

• Added support for viewing content on TV (via HDMI)

• Fixed connectivity issues.

• Improved fullscreen photo view.

• Performance improvements.

Device Firmware (1.2.1)

--------------

• Added HDMI / TV-Out support.

• Added remote access support.

• Minor bugfixes.

With these updates we have released remote access earlier than our target (yay!). Remote access on Android is coming up in the next days, and World Map feature is going through a few more tests, and we're pushing to release before the week ends.

Details regarding remote access functionality will be posted in our guides.

Thank you all for your support.

The Monument Team

4 people like this

Nope. Same problem.... will not upload

How do I get display on TV through cdmi?

Go into a picture, touch the ... at the lower right, touch "Display on TV". Then you can left or right swipe to other picture, swipe down exits the picture. Exiting the App while a picture is displayed leaves the picture on the screen.

2 people like this

We are releasing updates on all platforms, and you will need to update both your Monument firmware and the app to use the new features. You can find the additions and improvements below

All very well, but in the absence of any kind of manual, where do I find instructions as to HOW to update the firmware and especially the app.? Might be helpful. Thanks,

Updating the firmware is done through the App itself, as it gives you a notification. The updating of the App itself is done through automatic updates from respective stores from Google and Apple. For anything that requires instructions, we have this and this.

The app is still very unstable, cannot complete uploading / processing photos at all.

Also, I believe the current firmware for the monument is 1.3.1? During the firmware update, the app crashed. Now, then firmware is still 1.2.1, and no firmware update pop up again. 

Please advise.

@Alec: We still have stability issues with iOS, unfortunately, and we have made some headway into resolving issues. There will be another update heading to the App store tomorrow for approval preceding next week's release. The current firmware is 1.2.1, not 1.3.1. So you are up to date. Once you give approval, the hardware updates the firmware regardless of the App, and whether the App crashes. There is no dependency.

What does remote accesss allow me to do exactly?

@Chip: remote access allows you to access your entire picture library from anywhere. You don't need to be home. It truly becomes your cloud served out of your home.

2 people like this
So if I delete all the photos from the monument app I will be able to access the hard drive from anywhere in the world? When I try and send a photo from the app through an SMS it just crashes. Please fix this and all the other issues.
I should clarify it won't let me send an SMS from time machine feature

Although I'm not expecting that you hit the deadline regarding remote access via Android phones by tomorrow 6th Februray, it would be nice if you could at least try to publish the features of the missed deadline from end of January (Time Machine). Please don't forget the android world, even if you have to fix some iOS issues.

One remark regarding the HDMI view on a screen. Would be cool to have zoom support as well. It it comes with ChromeCast, I'm fine with it as well.

One question regarding remote control (I don't know how it will look like because it's not yet available on Android). How is the access technically implemented? Which kind of security is used?

KR, Patrick

We might. Next week we have multiple features coming that will bring us to perhaps 90% feature complete. No worries about the Android side, we have multiple Android users here. Regarding the HDMI zoom, we aware and it will come. The remote access implementation has encryption.

So if I delete all the photos from the monument app I will be able to access the hard drive from anywhere in the world?

Nope. Why should it be able to access the deleted / removed pictures if you deleted them. Monument only accesses the photos through the App, and not as a NAS (Network Attached Storage).

For the SMS question, we have informed Engineering.

Login or Signup to post a comment