Start a new topic
Solved

Still not working

Made a mistake, didn't realize that when it told us to use the HDMI cord, it wouldn't work on a laptop. Yes I own the mistake, however it shouldn't have been a fatal one. 

Go through the set up process with it hooked up to my tv.   App says I needed a recovery key (for what I have no idea at this point there's nothing to "recover" except maybe my wasted time and hopes that this wasn't just a futile effort) I can't get a recovery key because it didn't set up. They tell me to factory reset, I can't do so because the bluetooth won't connect to the device anymore despite downloading the suggested apps in the troubleshooting guide that I have no idea how or if they're even working.  I wanted a device to help organize my photos, not graduate from tech school.  

It appears that I've now been caught in a cycle that can't be fixed and because I backed on  Kickstarter I'm just SOL.

So pretty much I have a planter for my next potted plant. I'm very and truly disappointed in the whole situation.

1 Comment

Made a mistake, didn't realize that when it told us to use the HDMI cord, it wouldn't work on a laptop. Yes I own the mistake, however it shouldn't have been a fatal one. 

This should not be a show stopper at all. 

It appears that I've now been caught in a cycle that can't be fixed

Rest assured, we will fix this, whatever the problem is. Please tell us specifically what's going on, what color LED light you have, what phone and version of OS. If your phone is not connecting, it is highly likely it is an Android phone. For those, our basic recommendation is below:

Due to the highly fragmented nature of Android hardware and software, we are seeing a lot more initial connection problems with Android via Bluetooth. Samsung phones such as S7 as well as other phones from popular Android brands can have consistent problems connecting over Bluetooth for initial setup.

There has been some workarounds reported.  Start with disconnecting all USB devices, and rebooting your MonumentOn occasion, restarting the phone allows initial setup, and then there are no further issues since Bluetooth is only used during setup. Alternatively, turning the Bluetooth off and then back on on the phone seems to also help. It has been reported that if you turn off the Bluetooth, then reboot the phone, then run the Monument app and let it turn on Bluetooth, it tends to work best.