- Make sure the device is unplugged from power.
- If you’d like to use a gigabit Ethernet connection (only for models with an Ethernet port), connect the device to an Ethernet switch using a CAT6 Ethernet cable. Ethernet cables of a lower standard than CAT6 may result in a lower speed connection.
- For the initial set-up please connect it to a computer monitor or a TV using the HDMI port.
- Turn the device on by plugging in the power. The device will power on in less than a minute and the light in front will start blinking blue.
- Install the Monument app on your smartphone or tablet. Go to www.getmonument.com/apps to find the right app for your mobile device. Install and launch the app, and follow the instructions.
- Please note that for the very first firmware update, you will need to connect your Monument to a TV or a monitor using the built-in HDMI port in the back of your Monument.
- Attach one or two USB 2.0 external 2.5” portable drives to the device. (Note: USB 3.0 drives can also be used. However, they will operate at USB 2.0 speeds.)
STORING YOUR PHOTOS ON MONUMENT
- Photos from your smartphone or tablet can be automatically transferred when you start using Monument apps.
- Insert the SD card from your digital camera to automatically import all of your content.
- All of the new content will be analyzed and organized by the device.
Your Monument device has an indicator light in front. It allows you to check its status at a quick glance.
Solid White: Idle, functioning normally.
Blinking White: Processing content.
Blinking Blue: User action required, please check your mobile app.
Blinking Green: Importing content from SD card.
- SD cards can be plugged in and removed while the light in the front is white.
- The device can be powered down by disconnecting the power when the light is solid
New external portable drives can be added either when the device is powered on, or when off. As soon as a new drive is plugged in, an alert will be shown on the mobile app. You can choose to make it a backup drive or use it to expand your current storage space.
- To remove USB drives, please open the mobile app and go to the Settings screen. Select the drive you want to remove and follow the instructions. Removing a drive without following these steps may cause data loss or damage to your drives.